Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Good News on The Brown and White

I am starting to see some good press on my book, The Brown and White 
Skinny and Houli
One of my early gigs was an interview on the Skinny and Houli Radio Show. Mike Houlihan's booming voice shook the rafters as we began the show the Skinny and Houli Radio Show  recorded at Lizzie McNeills in Chicago.  Houli and Skinny were the consummates hosts and encouraging as things went along. 

Listen to the Podcast

An interview of me about the book has also been published in  Chicago Catholic

I  have also been interviewed on Catholic TV in Watertown, Massachusetts to air later this year.  


The story takes place in 1967-1968 during the Vietnam War, Chicago's historic neighborhood changes, the changes in the Catholic Church from Vatican II, and the assassination of Martin Luther King.  It was a time of turmoil. Yet, the theme of the book is one of growth that I hope in a funny kind of human way pays homage to my family, my teachers, and friends. The book brings back a lot of memories for readers who will no doubt think of their own experiences as they read it.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See story in the Chicago Catholic. Listen to a conversation about the book on the Skinny and Houli Podcast with Norris--begins after the first Skinny and Houli dialogue. Norris was also interviewed on Catholic TV for broadcast in the future. Book signing are upcoming as well.


1 comment: